Sunday, December 4, 2011

Don't look at me there!!!

One patient that I had the privilege of treating was a young lady that hurt her foot while at work.  When I asked about the details or the incident, I found that she worked as a stripper in a local club.  She had been in the changing room when another "dancer" came and jumped on her.  (They both were a little drunk at the time.)  She fell and hit her foot on a table.  You know, normal job related injuries.

She was sitting on the bed and I told her that I needed to see her feet to try and figure out how serious of an injury she had sustained.  She told me that she did not want to take her socks off because she does not like people to look at her feet.  It was all that I could do to keep a strait face and not laugh.  My mind just kept thinking, "You are a STRIPPER!!  You get paid for people looking at you naked.  What is so bad about people looking at your feet?"

I guess that everyone is entitled to their own insecurities, but this one just caught me off guard at the time.  It almost made me feel that I was violating her to take her socks off to examine her feet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are some funny stories! Between 60 year old pregnant ladies and bashful strippers, I see you have your hands full over there! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ibegyourpardon? You don't like people to look at your feet? Well, then you've chosen a good career, because I'm sure nobody is looking at your feet when you're dancing on stage in your birthday suit.

    ReplyDelete