Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mind Your Own Business

A lot of trauma comes through the emergency department each day.  So, I have had the opportunity, if you want to call it that, to see a lot of extremely injured people.  Several of these injuries are due to gun shot wounds.  They are becoming more and more frequent.  In talking with several of these victims, I have found some very useful information that I wanted to share with everyone so that you can prevent yourselves from becoming a gun shot wound victim.

I would say over 90% of gun shot wound victims have a very similar story.  They were all in a pretty shady part of town known for violence.  But there is something even worse than that.  They were all standing on the corner minding their own business.  It just amazes me how so many people that are not causing any trouble and are minding their own business can get caught up in such violent situations.  Granted, a lot of them do kind of look suspicious just standing there, but I am not convinced that is the reason for this.

So, my advice to everyone is to never just mind your own business, especially in shady parts of town.  As it is a new year, I might just make it a resolution to be up in every one's business wherever I go just to make sure that I am protected from senseless violence.  You might want to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip - I'm going to go to the shady part of town and mind everyone's business now, so I don't get shot.

    ReplyDelete