Sunday, November 13, 2011

Working Environment

To the gentleman sitting and waiting in the hall next to my work station:

I am extremely happy that you are not complaining about the length of your wait or demanding more pain medication, but....

I am not here to become your friend.  I will not tell you about myself in all the details that you want.

I will not diagnose all of the problems that your family has, despite how interesting you may think that they are.

I do not want to hear about all of your other doctors or give you my opinion about whether they are competent or not.

If you haven't already noticed, there are a lot of other people that are here, and they are much sicker than you are with your toothache.  If you can talk as much as you are, your tooth probably isn't really that bad.  Of course, I'm not going to say that to your face!!

Sincerely,
WhatsupDOC

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you mean you don't need a friend to follow you around and chat the whole time you're at work?

    ReplyDelete